High Performance MT-Propellers can be installed on Aircraft with Piston Engines or Propeller Turbines, as well as on Airships, Hovercraft and Wind Tunnels.
The MT-Propeller construction has a simple and light-weight design without any unnecessary parts.
- Hydraulic Propellers
- The hydraulic constant speed MT-Propeller installations are certified as 2-, 3-, 4-, 5- and 6-blade models for engines producing up to 5000 hp, which have an hydraulic oil supply to the propeller, controlled by a governor.
All hydraulic MT-Propellers are optionally available with the patented MT feathering and /or reverse system and can be equipped with electric or alcohol de-ice boots.
- Electric Propellers
- The electric variable pitch propellers named ELCOPROP® are certified as 2-, 3- and 4-blade propeller models for engines producing up to 350 hp.
Feathering capability can be integrated optionally, reverse capability can be integrated for the use with airships, only.
ELCOPROP® is the only certified Electric Constant Speed Propeller available worldwide and is patented in the U.S. and Germany. Several STC's are available.
- Reversible Propellers
- Reverse System -M:
The reversible MT-Propellers for piston engines and propeller turbines are hydraulically controlled constant speed propellers with the patented MT-Propeller reverse dual piston system and our P-900 governor series installed. (Reverse System -M = Muehlbauer).
They are preferred for a decreased landing distance of land planes or for a better maneuverability of seaplanes.
The reversible MT-Propellers for the following propeller turbines are hydraulically controlled constant speed propellers with our standard reverse systems installed:
- Reverse -P: for Pratt & Whitney Turbines
- Reverse -G: for Honeywell TPE331 Turbines
- Reverse -A: for Roll Royce Turbines
- Reverse -W: for Walter Turbines
Both Reverse-Systems can be built with any number of blades like our conventional hydraulic constant speed propeller and can optionally be equipped with electric or alcohol de-ice boots.
- Fixed Pitch Propellers
- The EASA and FAA certified fixed pitch natural-composite MT-Propellers are built to the highest standard in the industry from hand-selected multiple laminated German ash wood.
Large diameters are covered by epoxy fiberglass and sealed by a coating of acrylic-polyurethane paint, which is resistant against fuel, oil and other chemical products. Some special vintage designs may have plywood reinforced blades.
The engine power range is from 40 HP to 400 HP and diameters are possible from 120 cm (50 inches) to 250 cm (100 inches).
- Standard Composite Spinner
The spinner dome is a single piece part made from fiber reinforced composite (Kevlar®), which replaces the spin formed aluminum alloy used in the earlier days.
Chrome finish for MT-Propeller composite spinners
The HiGlo® finish opens the possibility for a high strength KEVLAR® to look like a polished aluminum surface.
It has still the advantages of the composite design, which has unlimited life time and no structural corrosion, but it remains extremely crack resistant and very light.
HiGlo® Spinners are available for every MT-Propeller model.
- Governors for Hydraulic Constant Speed Propellers:
The P-8( )-( ) MT-Propeller governors are designed for standard installations as well as FADEC governors for new engine designs and optional for already existing aircraft engines.
Governors for Reversible Hydraulic Constant Speed Propellers:
The P-9( )-( ) MT-Propller hydraulic propeller governor is a single acting governor developed for dual piston hydraulic variable pitch propellers equipped with reverse and feathering capability.
- Intended for the use with a constant speed single acting propeller governor with unfeathering capability or for a constant speed single acting propeller governor for aerobatic airplanes with accumulator fitting.